Correct storage of fertiliser is important to ensure safety and security. Where possible, all fertilisers should be stored in a closed, secure storage place to protect the product from the weather and reduce the risk of theft.
If you have any questions about this or any other aspect of your fertiliser please contact us on 01963 364788.
Ideal storage conditions
- An enclosed building made from not-readily combustible material (i.e. concrete, brick, steel)
- A building with adequate ventilation
- Out of direct sunlight
- A temperature of between 5 and 30˚C
- Protected from moisture, which can cause clumping and make the product difficult to spread. Store on a good quality wooden pallet
- In stacks of limited height to avoid injury or damage from collapse
Granular and soluble fertilisers typically have a shelf life of 1-2 years provided they are kept in the conditions stated above.
Liquid products vary in shelf life, for more information please check the product label. Some liquid products may require shaking prior to use if they are prone to settling.
Always read the label and product information before use. Material safety data sheets (MSDS) are available to download here or can be provided on request. It is good practice to keep a hard copy of MSDS in a safe place should they be needed in an emergency.